They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and we couldn’t agree more. It’s the moment when you fuel your body for the day, kickstart your metabolism, and set the tone for the day ahead. Yet, in the hustle and bustle of our daily lives, it’s easy to overlook the significance of this morning ritual. Lucky for you, Citron has a sustainable product that could be a game changer for anyone who is always on the go, and doesn’t have time to sit down and eat breakfast at home. Introducing our Food Jars that have been designed to keep your food warm for up to 6 hours, or cool for up to 7 hours, thanks to its double-wall insulation and vacuum-sealing technology. To give you some morning inspo, here are four of our favourite vegan breakfast recipes.
1. Chia seed pudding
Indulge in morning bliss with our irresistible breakfast chia pudding. For your chia pudding, you will have to make it the night before so it can set. Simply make your mixture up, add it to your food jar and pop it in the fridge, ready for you to grab it from the fridge in the morning.
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 125ml of almond milk
- 2 tsp maple syrup or agave
- Spoonful of granola
- Fresh fruit
- Mix together your milk, chia seeds and maple syrup or agave into a bigger bowl.
- Next you can spoon your mixture into your food jars, ready to set in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning, sprinkle on a spoonful of granola and your fresh fruit and you’re ready to go.
2. Mini pancakes
Eating pancakes for breakfast sounds like a dream right? With Pancake Day coming up, we thought we would share our favourite mini pancake recipe with you all. These are best made in the morning to make sure they stay fluffy, but it should take you around 5 minutes to cook in total. To make things easier for you, you can always make the batter the night before and pop it into the fridge, ready for you to cook in the morning.
- 300g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 400ml almond milk (or other plant-based milks)
- 1 tbsp oil for cooking
- Syrup of your choice
- Sieve your flour and baking powder into a bowl, then mix in your sugar and vanilla extract. Slowly pour in your milk, and mix until your batter is smooth.
- When you’re ready to cook your pancakes, heat your non-stick pan and add a little oil on a medium heat.
- To keep your pancakes warm, fill your food jar with boiling water for at least 5-minutes to heat it up
- Use a tablespoon to spoon out even portions of pancake batter to your frying pan, so you make multiple mini-pancakes at once.
- Cook your pancakes for 2 minutes on one side, and then flip to cook on the other side or until golden brown.
- Once cooked, pour the water out of your food jar, add in your pancakes, pour on some maple syrup and add a few blueberries.
3. Yoghurt and granola
Serves: 3This easy, satisfying dish combines crunchy granola with a creamy yoghurt, offering a perfect balance of textures and flavours. If you swap out your fruit or the flavour of your yoghurt for a new one every so often, it will feel like a completely different breakfast altogether.
- 250g plant-based yoghurt of your choice
- 120g granola
- 150g fresh berries
- It’s really as simple as adding in a few spoonful's of yoghurt into your food jar and adding your berries on top.
- If you’re eating your breakfast when you’re at work, add your granola to a small bag or separate food jar to keep it from going soggy in the yoghurt.
4. Smoothie bowl
- 200g mixed berries
- 1 banana
- 75ml plant-based milk
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp vegan protein powder
- 25g granola
- White chocolate chips (optional)
- Blend your berries, banana, milk, maple syrup and protein powder into your blender and mix until smooth.
- Once blended, pour into your small or large food jar and top with your favourite fruit.
- You can add your granola and chocolate chips into your food jar when you’re ready to eat it.
Food jar highlights
At Citron, we have two different sizes of food jars, our 250ml food jars are perfect for smaller breakfasts and for storing snacks in, whilst our 400ml food jars are perfect for larger breakfasts like porridge and for lunches. Both of our food jars have the same benefits which are as follows.
- The jars are vacuum-insulated with double wall insulation
- The jar will keep your food warm for up to 6 hours or cold for 7 hours
- The jar has a leak proof seal
- The jar will stay cool on the outside, no matter how hot or cold the content is
- The jars are lined with a removable silicone lid for easy cleaning
If you make any new breakfast recipes in your Citron food jars, don't forget to tag us at @citron.england on Instagram.