As parents, we all know how much energy kids need to make it through a school day, especially if we want them to get the most out of their learning and playing. That is why sometimes a sandwich or salad just won’t be always the perfect answer when it comes to making a good back to school lunch.
Plus, a cold lunch rarely allows for much creativity or to enjoy some of our favourite dishes. So how can you ensure your little one gets a nutritious and warm meal in the middle of the day? We've made a quick and healthy recipe that small and grown-ups will definitely enjoy.
Pasta with Creamy Sauce and Vegetables Recipe
To make this delicious and hearty lunchtime treat for your kids, follow this simple recipe. Don't forget you can also get the kids to give you a hand in the kitchen! Here is the ingredient list and the full details on how to make it:
- 2 cups of pasta
- 1 courgette
- 1.5 cup of baby mushrooms
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Liquid cream
- 1 tbs of potato starch or flour
- 12 tbs Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
How to make creamy pasta with vegetables?
- Wash and cut your courgette in small pieces and chop your baby mushrooms in half
- Chop your garlic and fry in olive oil, once done incorporate the courgettes and mushrooms.
- Meanwhile, cook your favourite pasta according to the box instruction.
- Once veggies are soft, add the cream, stir few times ; and add the mix of milk and potato starch
- Season with salt and pepper
- Stir in and let it cook for 1-2 minutes
- Add boiled pasta and mix it together
- Finally, toss in halved cherry tomatoes
When done, you can decorate your meal with remaining vegetables or add basil leaves on top of it.
Tip: Pre heat the food jar by adding boiling water and leave the water sit for 5 minutes. Your pasta will stay warm for up to 6 hours.
Keeping Food Warm
One of the best ways to ensure your kid’s midday food stays warm until lunch is by ensuring you have the right product. Our vacuum-insulated thermos food jar is just the right choice since it can keep food warm for up to six hours and chilled for up to seven hours – that is a lot of classes it can stay fresh through! It is also leakproof and made from 304 food-grade stainless steel, making it extra durable and long-lasting.
Available in two sizes, in 250ml or 400ml, our food jar is also made out of sustainable materials and is BPA-free, so you can feel confident in purchasing an eco-friendly product for your kid to take to school every day. Unlike many of the alternative models available in the market, our food jar for kids has a 1-click easy-open function and removable inner silicone for easy cleaning, making it especially appealing for both kids and parents.