Oat Flour Cookie Recipe
These are delicious, moist, chewy, and crumbly cookies. They aren't like your typical sugary sweet chocolate chip cookies, but they're a far cry from being unhealthy. They are very rich in flavour and are a great alternative for our gluten-free friends.
- Oat flour – 1 Cup
- Rolled Oats – 1 ½ Cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Coconut Oil – ½ Cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Egg – 1
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Maple syrup – 2 tbsp
- Chocolate Chips – ¼ Cup
- Salt – ½ tsp
Utensils you will need:
- Measuring cups and spoon
- Baking paper (optional)
How to make chocolate chip oat cookies?
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper & set aside.
- In a bowl, add flour, oat flakes, baking powder & salt.
- In a different bowl, whisk together oil, egg, vanilla, sugar, and maple syrup. Add the oat mixture into this and mix until well combined & fold in the choco chips.
- Put the cookie dough aside for 15 min in the fridge.
- Using a scoop drop the cookie dough into the sheet leaving space in between cookies and flatten them with spoon
- Bake them for 12 -15 min.
- Remove and allow cooling completely on a wire rack. These cookies are great for a snack or to put in your kid's lunch box.
Busy Parent Tip : Store the cookies in an airtight container to keep them for up to 2 weeks.