Get ready to spook up your breakfast with delicious pumpkin spiced pancakes, perfect for Halloween morning! So, let's fire up the stove and start flipping – a delightful pancake feast awaits!
This recipe will make:12 pancakes
- 355ml milk
- 225g pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 240g plain flour
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix together your milk, pumpkin puree, egg and oil into a large bowl until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt together in a bowl. Next sift the flour into the bowl and mix in.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and combine.
- Add some oil to a frying pan and heat up. Put 3-4 tbsp of batter for each pancake onto the pan.
- Cook for around 2 minutes when small bubbles would appear. Then flip over and repeat.
- Next you can either serve up your pancakes as they are, or you can use a pumpkin cookie cutter to make them into pumpkin shapes.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and enjoy.