Healthy potato pancakes recipe for lunch box
If your kids love potatoes and melted cheese, they will love those potato pancakes loaded with cheese and chopped pepper bells. They are super easy to make, and will be ready in 15 min.
What ingredients you will need?
- Potatoes – 1 cup
- Flour – 2-3 tbsp
For Filling :
- Butter/Oil – 2 tbsp
- Chopped Garlic cloves – 3
- Chopped Onion – ¼ cup
- Chopped Mixed Bell peppers – ½ cup
- Grated Cheese
- Spice mix of choice
- Fresh Coriander
On the side (optional)
- Cucumber rounds
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Cheddar cubes
- Green Apples
- Cream cheese for dipping
How to make stuffed potato pancakes?
- Mash the potatoes with flour and salt until it has a smooth consistency.
- For the filling, in a pan add oil, garlic, onions, and leave it until they turn light pink. Add the chopped bell peppers, coriander leaves and wait until done. You can add any chopped veggies like peas, courgettes, or mushrooms. Finally, season with salt, pepper, and spice mix.
- Turn the gas stove off and let it cool a little.
- Make balls out of the potato mixture. Take a potato ball, slightly flatten it and put the filling in the centre. Add some grated cheese and close it with some potato dough and flatten it slightly.
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry the potato cakes at medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Place your pancakes inside your lunch box & add some cream cheese.