Taco cups with minced beef & coleslaw
Did you know you can use your mini muffin tin to make cute snacks or appetizers? Well, now you do! These gluten-free ground beef taco cups are easy to make, place them in your Lunchbox to make your meals look yummier and make both mom and kid happy.
What you will need for this recipe?
Ingredients for the coleslaw:
- Red /White cabbage, shredded – 1 cup
- Carrot, grated – 1/4 cup
- Avocado, cubes – 1
- Lime juice – ½ tbsp
- Mayonnaise – 1 tbsp
- Honey – ½ tsp
- Black Pepper
Ingredients for the tacos:
- Corn/flour Tortillas
- Minced Beef
- Diced Tomatoes – 1 can
- Ground Cumin -1 tsp
- Garlic powder – 1 tsp
- Paprika powder – 1 tsp
- Oregano – 1tsp
- Sour Cream (optional)
On the side (optional):
- Mangetout peas or edamame
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Babybel Cheese
How to make homemade taco beef for school?
- In a colander, put the shredded cabbage and sprinkle with salt and rub the cabbage with your hands to release all the liquid. Let it sit for some time and drain.
- In the meantime, cook the beef with the tomatoes. Add the spices and let it simmer at low heat until the meat is cooked.
- Squeeze the excess liquid and transfer to a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and toss well.
- To prepare Taco cups, cut the tortillas into circles (you can use a bowl upside down to help you) and press into greased muffin tin and bake till crisp.
- Finally, pack everything into your lunch box.
Tip: You can pack the taco cups, the minced beef and the slaw separately so that way the tacos won’t get soggy. Additionally, your kids will be able to express their creativity and create their own tacos during break time, our Citron 5-compartments lunchbox is really convenient for that reason.