Father’s Day is just around the corner and we all know how hard it can be to choose a present for them. What do you get the dad that has everything? Father’s Day is the perfect opportunity to show appreciation for all the dads out there, and this year we are focusing on the outdoor dad. Whether they love hiking, cycling, fishing or camping, we have produced a collection of gift ideas that are sure to make his outdoor adventures even more enjoyable. From innovative food ware gifts to a few handy tools and gadgets, our guide has it all! So let’s dive right in so you can discover the perfect gift for your dad this year.
P.S. We have discounts on all our Father’s Day gifts!
Gifts for the outdoor dads
All our products come in a wide variety of colours and patterns, so you can choose one that reflects your dad’s unique personality. To make your gift even more special, you can personalise a number of the Father’s Day gifts for free!
Sustainable travel mugs make an excellent gift for several reasons. Firstly, travel mugs are incredibly practical for the outdoor dad because who doesn’t need a cup of hot coffee or tea in the morning, especially if they are waking up early to explore the great outdoors? Not only will they be able to use it on their outdoor adventures, but they can also use it in their everyday life when commuting to work. So no matter what their next adventure is, having a Citron insulated travel mug, which will keep his drink warm for up to 6 hours is a must when on the go. Secondly, as our travel mugs are made from stainless steel, they are reusable which aligns perfectly with the values of eco-conscious dads who want to do their bit for the environment. The reusable element will help to eliminate the need for single-use plastic or paper cups, thus reducing waste and promoting sustainability.
Next up we have thermos food jars which are designed to keep your food hot or cold, depending on which one you prefer. Citron food jars have been equipped with triple-walled insulation, which effectively traps the temperature inside. This means your dad can choose his favourite warm meal like soup, a stew or a pasta dish in the morning, and still enjoy it warm for his lunch whilst on his adventure. Likewise, if he prefers something more refreshing like a fresh fruit salad or couscous dish, the food jar will keep the food cool for up to 7 hours.
Portability and convenience also make Citron food jars the perfect gift for an outdoor lover. Citron jars are compact and lightweight as they are made from stainless steel, making them easy to carry around in a backpack. No need to worry either, our insulated food jars come with a leak-proof lid so even if their lunch is at the bottom of their bag amongst all their other travel gear, it won’t leak - phew! By giving a dad a food jar this year, you’re giving him the ability to enjoy delicious and nourishing meals on his outdoor adventures whilst ensuring he stays energised on his day out.
Having a portable cutlery set to take on his next adventure is a very practical but essential gift. The best Citron cutlery set to gift your dad this year would be our three-piece stainless steel set that comes with a silicone case to keep them clean and compact. Having a reusables set eliminates the need to rely on disposable plastic cutlery which will all be banned later on this year, and will allow him to enjoy his meals on the go with convenience.
At Citron we have 4 different sized water bottles for everyone in the family, for the outdoor lover we suggest either our 500ml or 750ml bottle as staying hydrated on any adventure is key for several important reasons.
- Optimal physical performance. When your body is properly hydrated, it functions more efficiently, allowing you to perform at your best. Whether it’s cycling, climbing or fishing, staying hydrated enables your muscles to work effectively and helps prevent fatigue, cramping and reduced endurance.
- Temperature regulation. When your dad is on their outdoor adventure, they might be exposed to varying weather conditions and temperature. Hydration plays a vital role in regulating the body's temperature; sweating is the body’s natural cooling mechanism and when you’re dehydrated your body cannot sweat as efficiently. This can sometimes lead to overheating - so it’s very important to drink lots of water whilst in the great outdoors.
- Mental focus. Hydration is not only essential for your physical performance, it also impacts the mental focus. If they don’t drink enough water, it can lead to decreased cognitive functions making it harder to concentrate and making decisions.
Snacks for dad's outdoor adventures
If you’re planning on going on a father's day hike or you know he is off on a cycling adventure soon, here are just a few delicious and nutritious snacks that will go perfectly in our Citron food jars that will keep his energy high.
- Trail mix - A classic combination of mixed dried fruit and nuts which provides a good balance of healthy fats, protein and carbohydrates to keep him energised.
- Fresh fruit - Fruit offers natural sugars for a quick energy boost and provides essential vitamins and minerals.
- Jerky - Beef jerky or even plant-based jerky can be high in protein making it a great snack whilst on the go.
- Veggie sticks with hummus - Cut up veggies like carrots, peppers or celery and pair them with hummus for another nutritious snack.
- Rice cakes - These are light-weight and super versatile + they come in a range of flavours both savoury and sweet!
- Dark chocolate - For a sweet treat and an antioxidant boost, a few squares of chocolate will put a smile on anyone's face.
For the tech-savvy dad
If you know a dad that is gadget obsessed and loves the outdoors, here are just a few useful outdoor gifts to go alongside their Citron presents:
- Solar-panel charger. It pretty much does what it says on the tin, the charger harnesses powder from the sun to charge your electronic devices such as their phone, which can come in handy for an adventure that lasts for an extended period of time.
- A pocket blanket. A pocket-sized, light-weight blanket can come in handy on any adventure to keep them warm, or to give him a comfortable place to sit whilst he tucks into his lunch.
- Coffee bags. A little like tea bags, you can now buy coffee bags which are great for the coffee lover. Simply use hot water from a travel mug, or hot water from your stove if they’re camping and make a tasty cup of coffee. Most coffee bags are also biodegradable!
- Headlight. LED flashlights or a headlight is a pretty handy gadget when in the great outdoors, especially when camping. Look for one with adjustable brightness levels and one that has a long battery life.
The team at Citron hope you have found our outdoor gift-guide for Father’s Day useful, make sure to head over to our website to shop our sale and let us know in the comments below what you buy for your dad this year!