As Halloween creeps closer, conjure up some spooktacular fun in your children’s lunchbox. Swap sugary treats for ghoulishly good, healthy options that’ll make them shriek with delight. To make it more filling for an older child, you can make more zombie sandwiches and add more cucumber ghosts!
- 2 slices of bread
- Your choice of jam
- Chocolate chips
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out circular shapes out of your bread and put your circular pieces into pairs.
- With one of your circular bread pieces, cut it into 3-4 strips.
- Next add a layer of jam to the other circular piece of bread and layer the cut up strips to resemble a zombie.
- Add chocolate chips to make the zombies' eyes.
Apple & marshmallow mouths
- 1 apple
- A handful of mini marshmallows
- 25g yoghurt
- Cut your apple into an even amount of wedges.
- Cut your mini marshmallows into cubes.
- Take your two apple slices and spoon a layer of yoghurt onto the flesh of the apple.
- Add your marshmallows in between the apples to make them look like teeth.
Cucumber ghost faces
- 1 cucumber
- Cut your cucumber into quarters, and use the ends of the cucumbers to make your ghosts so you have a curved edge for the head.
- Next cut your cucumber into thin horizontal slices.
- Cut out small holes for the eyes and the mouth.
Keep your eyes peeled on our socials & blogs for more Halloween recipe ideas!