Chicken & Vegetables Curry Soup Recipe
Soups are such a healthy, wholesome and nutritious meal. You can just pop in a food jar and give as a new healthy lunch. If your child likes chicken curry, for example, make a soup with the same spices and curried vegetables.
Ingredients for 2 servings
- Coconut Oil – 2 tbsp
- Chicken breasts – 2
- Onion – ½ cup
- Carrots – ¼ cup
- Broccoli Florets – ¼ cup
- Potato – 1
- Halved Cherry Tomatoes – 8
- Minced Ginger – ½ tbsp
- Garlic – ½ tbsp
- Curry powder – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Chicken broth – 3 cups
- Thick Coconut Milk – ½ cup
- Fresh Coriander leaves – ¼ cup
- Salt & Pepper
On the side:
- Baguette or rice
- Green Apples
- Dried Apricots
- Babybel Cheese
How to make a chicken and vegetable curry soup?
- Start by cutting your peeled potato into medium cubes, same for the carrots, and finally chop your onion & garlic glove.
- In a pot, on medium heat, add 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Add the chopped onion, ginger, garlic, carrots, potatoes, chicken breasts, salt and pepper, stir well and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the curry powder, turmeric and stir well.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat and let it simmer for 30 minutes. Once the chicken is cooked, remove the chicken and shred it.
- Add the shredded chicken back into the pot along with halved cherry tomatoes, Broccoli florets and coconut milk and let it simmer for 5 min.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with baguette or Rice.